Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How to Add This Blog as an RSS Feed to Your HootSuite Account

1) Copy this link, which is the RSS feed for our blog: http://urbanmesses.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
2) Go to HootSuite.com and click "Settings" on the left-hand side (the icon that looks like a gear).
3) Click "RSS/Atom" and click "Add New Feed" at the bottom of the page.
4) Enter that link above and choose your settings. Be sure to select a profile to send your feed to (your Twitter would probably be the most logical).
5) Click Save Feed and you're set! It may take a while for the RSS feed to import to your Twitter HootSuite feed.

Send me an email if you have any problems at k09bc03@kzoo.edu!

4 comments:

  1. When I added the blog to my hootsuite it says it's feeding from my twitter account... what does that mean / can I change that to my blogger account?

    *technology overload!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also can't see the blog from hootsuite...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sam, thanks for the heads up! It doesn't seem to be working on mine either, so I've contacted the people at HootSuite to see what kind of progress we can make. I'll make another post as soon as I figure out what's up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright, problem solved:
    The blog should filter into your Twitter account if you set it up the way I suggested. It won't show up in a separate feed of its own but it should help streamline the place you have to look for articles. If you just look at your personal Twitter feed on Hoot Suite you'll see short links from the blog in your own feed. Let me know in class if this isn't working for you and I'll definitely help you troubleshoot!

    ReplyDelete