Saturday, May 7, 2011

Reflections for the Reflection

Dr. McKinney said she wants us to write the reflection paper casually, as if it was a letter, also that it's okay that we didn't do anything but see the site on Tuesday. It would be great if everyone could post something they were thinking about incorporating into their reflection so we can get feedback from each other on different aspects of the service learning project.

Personally I was thinking of writing about what else could facilitate community in the Edison neighborhood - and also how keeping the gardens maintained will (hopefully) bring people together. I thought it was pretty there, most of the houses were nice, but at the same time, I don't think it was a place I'd see myself living... but I'm still trying to figure out why that is!

3 comments:

  1. I was planning on reflecting on how I felt a sense of community among our class while gardening and it would be very beneficial for the neighborhood if its residents also engage in communal landscaping and maintenance, as this will help promote a sense of community among the neighborhood residents and help to attract new buyers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said that I was disappointed that the only person that said thank you was someone who lived clear across town, and that there needed to be more direct community involvement if this project is really going to be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am commenting in my paper about how my view of the street we worked on changed from before we gardened to after. I felt a bit more connected to the community than I did at the beginning. To be honest I was a little bitter before we worked there, but after I was glad we did it and felt a sense of accomplishment

    ReplyDelete