Friday, September 30, 2011

Portage houses

In a way I was surprised at the inconsistencies between the streets of the neighborhood we visited in portage. The first street we drove down all of the households were in good shape and well maintained so I figured the rest of the streets would be the same. The shape of the second street we visited really surprised me. There were two foreclosed houses that looked like they had been hit by a hurricane and a few houses that were still inhabited that were in nearly as bad of shape. Coming from a small town I'm not used to seeing neighborhoods like this.

1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree Shane. I was surprised to see the little number of for sale and for closure sign as we saw. The neighborhood is a pretty nice location though being right next to the mall and grocery stores as well as the highway so this could be reason for the complacency with the house owners to stay in the neighborhood. Im interested to see the number of foreclosures from the groups who researched the nicer neighborhoods. . .

    ReplyDelete