Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Habitat for Humanity

I thought that today's guest speaker was a good one.  I am now thinking about volunteering at some point this year after football is done to lend a helping hand.  I thought that Don did a great job in representing the company and covering numerous topics that pertain to our class.  I was most interested in their ability to provide such a great opportunity for families in need of a higher standard of living! I think it is amazing how organizations like Habitat for Humanity are able to help these families out in such a difficult time.  I hope that there are other organizations out there following HFH's lead!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Habitat always seemed like a good volunteer project, but I think Don kind of sold me on it. I think it would be great to be able to help out families in dire need of decent, modest housing, such as Beatrice and her grandson. The sad thing is, like Don said, that many people are choosing to build the homes in the nicer neighborhoods, which makes it harder for Habitat for Humanity. Also I thought it was sad that the Kalamazoo Promise isn't really retaining or attracting people to the city.

    ReplyDelete